2017 Coastal Charity Walk Event Volunteer Support Group
Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter is committed to complying with the WH&S Act 2011 as enforced by NSW WorkCover to ensure the health and safety of all workers.
Please be aware that all Volunteers (temporary and full time) are:
- required to promote at all times a positive image of Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter and its operations by appropriate actions and appearance;
- not expected to tolerate, nor initiate, physical, verbal, emotional abuse, bullying nor sexual harassment of any kind;
- to avoid engaging in or tolerating discriminatory behaviour; and
- required to discuss with their supervisor or Volunteer Co-ordinator any situation about which they are uncertain or uncomfortable.
- asked to follow the defined WHS policies and procedures to ensure your own health and safety and that of others when performing volunteer duty.
- to raise any concerns you may have about health and safety issues
- to report all injuries immediately.
- to report all hazards immediately.
- asked to not work excessive hours that may cause fatigue
- if you have an existing medical condition, you should not perform any task or activity that would be contrary to your medical advice or aggravate an existing condition.
- Required to read and understand the job description that has been given to you prior to commencing any volunteering role
When you are volunteering please ensure you have referred to the site map showing:
- entrances, toilets, carpark, exits
- emergency assembly area & evacuation plans
- emergency contact numbers
- location of first aid facilities
**Please be mindful of any areas in the location that might have the potential to cause harm to you and your volunteer colleagues.
For further details on Workplace WHS Induction Training, please call our Head Office on 6627 4444 and ask to speak with a WHS Committee Representative.